Sunday Goin' to Church Clothes

OK, the not-so-hidden agenda of this blog entry is to prove to my wife that I did wear my dress shirt and tie to church on Sunday.
But also to make the point that there is no Presbyterian church here in D'Iberville. We have to go to the next town over - about a 20 minute drive. That is one reason D'ville was picked for a PDA camp - partly to "show the flag" so to speak and partly because the church nearby, Ocean Springs First Presbyterian Church, is able to host teams directly on its campus, so they don't need the Volunteer Village facilities.
Also, note the cool little white, round identification tag we wear all the time. We have two I.D.s - one from PDA for all its volunteers and one from the city of D'ville. D'ville is very particular about who comes to work in their city. I know this may come as a shock to many dear readers, but there are actually people out there whose motives are not pure and deal in unethical business practices. They are not welcome here. Having said that, I gotta go to church.
iXs,
the Rev
p.s. Also note the sign on my official residence and office. I would have preferred "Supreme High President for Life", but couldn't get my boss to buy into that. 83


1 Comments:
I have been away for a week, but have just done the catch-up thing. Love your blog. Really helps us see the day-to-day.
Just recedived word about your dad. Wow, life changes. Our sympathy to you and the family. And our love.
Stu & Edith
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home