Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Arrived!

I arrived at 4:00 p.m. It was sunny and clear, though yesterday they received two in. of rain. I am in Gulfport for 2 nights for orientation & waiting for my place to open up in D’Iberville. As I expected I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I am taking in all the information & finding my responsibilities. (What I am finding a lot is that one makes a lot up as one goes along – just keep the receipts.) A this point it is kind of like taking a drink from a fire hose.

I’m glad I brought my sleeping bag along – just in case. I will be sleeping two nights in a “tent” until my regular spot is vacated by the incumbent. The “tents” are hard to describe, so when I figure out how to send photos I will show you. (For you Valmonters, visualize an accordion sided hut made out of Shirley’s corrugated sign material.)

Blog entries may be a challenge, as the only communication, including internet & email is vial cell phone.

More later - after I finish drinking.

IXs,
the Rev

4 Comments:

At 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drinking?! I take it you needed lots of water after the long drive...

By the way, I received a phone call yesterday from the reporter at the Camera. The story about you will be in Saturday's paper.

Glad you made it safely. You continue to be in our prayers.

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger ACB said...

Haha! Your last line caught my eye first, before I read the rest of the post. I thought, "Wow, is it so bad that it's driven him to drink?!"

Love you, Dad!

 
At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I get it...! I was reading it all too fast over breakfast. That will teach me.

 
At 1:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Stephen. You fly low! And after you get used to things, it will be time to come back, so don't let that bother you much!

Cheering!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home