Saturday, January 21, 2006

First Photos

Not too many words tonight. I'm trying to figure out the photo bit. I still haven't cracked the code on how to insert things in the order I want them. (Oh, there, I just figured out how to move them. Too bad you didn't see that.)


Photo above shows the huts in the Orange Grove, MS camp. The material the huts are made of is the same as the politicians' roadside signs. Orange Grove is on a hill and has better drainage than the D'Iberville site, as you will see below.


What Orange Grove does not have is bathroom facilities. Note the "Johnny-On-the-Spots"in the first photos and the outdoor sinks here. They do have hot water.


D'Iberville may not have good drainage, but we do have nifty wooden walk ways. As you can immagine the water collects on the hut floors.

When it rains, we move into the tent - it is really an awning with tarps wrapped around it. This shows evening devotions. We have devotions and prayer morning before work and in the evening at the end of the day. Good news. tommorrow we will receive a real 30' x 40' dining tent.

TV reception is terrible, so we make do. (Note to Joel: I haven't found the Starbucks tent, yet, but I haven't given up looking.)

(Note to self: Find a place to watch the Denver broncos game tomorrow.)

iXs,
the Rev

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger joel said...

Thanks for the great pictures. I guess it rains places other than Washington State. We just had 34 days of rain in a row. (New record.) Go Broncos! Go Seahawks!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home