Sunday, February 19, 2006

Donated Clothing



This is what happens to much of the donated clothing that is sent to a dissaster area. Donated clothing is vary labor intensive. To be useful it must be transported, sorted, stored and displayed before anyone can make use of it. Often donated clothing is dirty, worn out or unsutable for the climate or conditions. Neither the volunteers nor the recipients have the time and energy to do all that work, when so much else needs to be done.

Donated clothing often ends up like this, strewn on the ground becoming dirty and moldy. Sending used clothing may clean out your closet, but a good old fashioned check is still one of the best ways to help folks in need.

iXs,
the Rev

p.s. As I write this I am on my way home from the Mississippi Gulf. I will be taking a couple of week off to travel to hear our daughter sing in London. (www.annecarolynbird.com) I will make more entries - about my work team adventures and final comments. So if you have been a regular reader, please check back in three or four weeks and I should have some entries to wrap this all up. 83

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home