Friday, February 11, 2011

Dottyanne: A BIG Surprise

Today was my first day of  work here at JAARS.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that I will not be an assistant teacher in the children’s department.  Instead, I will be the lead teacher in the 3 & 4 year old class!  It felt sorta’ like walking into church on Sunday morning and having Cheryl say, “You do remember that you have children’s worship activities this morning, don’t you?” I think the current  teacher is going to take advantage of my early childhood experience and use this time to do some visiting -- or something. I’m not really sure what the deal is but, ready-or-not, I’m it!  Thank heavens for the internet!  I’m finding some good ideas there.  We’ll probably stretch Valentine’s Day out for more than one day.  The child care facility is very nice and well stocked, so I think it will work out, but if you have any suggestions, feel free to send them along!

In a mild panic,
                            Dottyanne

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Sunday worship activities only last an hour at the most! I'm feeling for you...

It's probably just like riding a bike - you never forget. Okay, maybe not a great analogy since I think I remember you've never ridden a bike.

My favorite saying on my fridge is "Faith is believing that one of two things will happen - That there will be something solid to stand on or that you will be taught to fly". God will be with you through all of this (and you'll do GREAT!) whether you are flying or not.

-- Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home